Christopher Marlowe on abrasivejet

image

Exactly a year ago, April 1, 2012, during the excavation of Stonehenge was found a previously unknown manuscript by the English playwright Christopher Marlowe (1564-1593). This event passed unnoticed habré, although the work is full of amazing insights, and the name is indicative: The terrible Habrahabr.
The play is still not published, therefore, venture to suggest to habarovchanin a modest translation from old English – he may be someone will be interested.

This is a terrible word.


characters:
Gabriela, the Prince, 18 years old.
Frances, his bride, 16 years old.
Witch, 20.

step 1

Gabriele and Francesca.
Francesca
Tell me, Gabriel, why
Frowned upon you – noticed for tea?
This attitude I do not understand
Soon after our wedding!
Gabriel
Not random
My pensive look.
Francesca
What
So worried, though soon in the loop?
Betrayal? The enemy has sharpened the knives?
All of them were executed then.
Gabriel
Immediately!
Francesca
Are you kidding me?
Gabriel
Yes – though I feel sick now.
Francesca
Fi, this is insolence! Before the wedding!
Gabriel
Please, Francesca, I believe,
There is a certain feeling. I would know...
Francesca
What to know?
Gabriel
That the witch would tell me.
Francesca
What other witch?
Gabriel
There is a custom
With the old then in my family...
Francesca
He's not against accepted decency?
Gabriel
The witch – the suitors come to her.
For divination about marriage ambulance.
Not this ancient custom.
Francesca
What could be bad? Go without speaking!
No thanks.
Gabriel
No.
Not met the worst bitches
Than this witch. Say something,
And then I... I might as well save your nerves,
But I customary what to say.
I'm afraid she promises us hardships,
When she'll have to ask the question.
About how we will spend together.
Francesca
And you ask about something else.
Gabriel
I'm on the family to ask the question she needs.
Oh, got game, feel the fire,
Although commonly careful!
Francesca
Ask, but suppose it isn't about us.
Gabriel
Talking about then?
Francesca
About our remote
Descendants, and let at least an hour
Talks about his mirages.
Us what is the case?
Gabriel
Maybe
And will cost, at least to go I'm afraid.
Francesca
Ah, Gabriele, head on his chest
Bow to me and become my friend, brave.
My baby... Gabriel... come on, man
Follow our upcoming happiness.
Gabriel
I don't like it, she-she.
Goes.
Francesca
And soon, you hear, come back!

step 2

the Witch and Gabriel.
Witch
Appeared Yes?.. Haven't been
In my place the noble Prince.
Gabriel
It's not that. With this done
I said.
Witch
And then what.
From your girls?
Gabriel
Drop it.
Not the girl you are to me, and a witch.
Let to seduce once managed
What clung to the body like a scab?
All past relationships... Look, I
Not to quarrel was not over it.
In connection with the engagement requires the family
The custom to observe.
Witch
Where we met him!
To a forsaken sweetheart come
Not for forgiveness just for advice.
You, Gabriel, are asking for trouble.
And I'm a witch.
Gabriel
Shame on you unknown.
Witch
Fear not, in the predictions didn't lie.
I'll check, young, pretty girl
Will I have to his father the yard
Or mouth have betrothed scabies
Starts in a month...
Gabriel
Wait!
Another question to ask you intend.
What awaits my children in front,
Three hundred years or eight hundred?
Sure?
Gabriel
Yes, I'm sure!
Witch
Time, open!
Let him open the gloomy abyss,
Through her mysterious life.
Hatch as grain, throughout.
I see, see, see ahead:
A distant descendant of yours praprapra
great-great-great-great-great-grandson will be taken
Dependent on Habra Habra Habra.
Gabriel
What words fall from your mouth?
They are incomprehensible to me.
Witch
Listen here.
Gabriel
I have, Yes... In the ears of some of the crunch.
No, stop immediately! Go on!
Witch
Your descendant, your great-grandson – praprapra...
On Habrahabr will be the veteran.
However, do not end up being good
Only one of the voltage of conductor
Gabriel
But why?
Witch
Instead of gold,
He will gather in the Treasury of the pros.
Gabriel
A descendant of an idiot? You beat the pit of my stomach!
Witch
In illusions, and allusions Sisi
A descendant in ... will ustawic eyes,
In its patterns of bright...
Gabriel
Me hard.
Crazy for the family such a shame!
What...?
Witch
So, glass.
To get involved Habrahabr destined
Quite a lot of simple-minded persons.
Show up there one day, but
Not everyone will be able to come back.
Gabriel
On Habrahabr all night?
Witch
Everything is exactly so.
Gabriel
The glass eyes cloudy?
Your prophecy is gonna kill me
No, I do not believe – to believe in it difficult.
You, witch, are lying!
Witch
Vasanam not given
To lie before men, even before thee.
We forgot this for a long time.
Gabriel
I'm broken, destroyed. What's next?!
moves away unsteadily.

step 3

Gabriele (single).
Gabriel
Oh, My God! I just disabled
Since then, as he heard about Habrahabr.
Sciatica senile defeated,
But my head is buzzing a Gypsy camp.
To think only! The Royal family
On shaped interrupted the idiot,
Of which, look for at least a year,
You will not find in the natural environment.
Yes, better than smallpox, starvation and prison,
Than Habrahabr slippery hugs,
Which would be my great-great-
great-great-great-great-great-grandson... damn!
How to live with it and overcome it?
What to do, who will help the poor
Even when not born of the flesh,
But the brain is already a premonition of mangles?
Not in this solve this trouble?
While great-great-great-great... descendant of fragile,
You can do it, Prince! You're teeth will clench! You
Your home life will act:
You root going to throw up. Let them pierce steel
My heart! I hesitate, in fact,
When so simple...
Included Francesca.
Francesca
Honey, stop it!
Fooling around is not necessary, Gabriele!
Gabriel
Oh, it's you?
Francesca
From witch you came?
And that it to the wedding predicted?
With the descendants all will be well?
Happy prediction?
Gabriel
The least.
Francesca
You look pale somehow.
Gabriel
Woman, be silent!
Francesca
You speak too sharply,
When we remained till night
To wedding...
Gabriel
Shut up you, Francesca?!
Oh, women! All the nonsense you take
From the beginning of your source.
I said – in this place, then
Not need to go. What did you say?
Francesca
What the witch predicted?
Gabriel
Nothing
Good. The beast from the belly of
Appear – let not thy
And our offspring.
Francesca
That's the old woman!
Gabriel
Upset? Yes no – satisfied face.
But for me love is worse,
Descendant to Habrahabr as pressed:
And stared, breathing awkwardly.
Francesca
What went down descendant?
Gabriel
Habrahabr!
Francesca
FIE, silly!
Gabriel
I'm of Royal blood.
Francesca
Today Gabriele is too brave?
Me to swear? That again.
Gabriel
You fool!
Francesca
Maybe you fool?
Gabriel
I'm a Prince, remember.
Francesca
Make the voice quieter.
Gabriel
Well, if so
Talking to me, get well!
Stabs Francesca.
Francesca
Ah, to die! The doctor to me!
And dress the hole! Need a medic!
Dying.
Gabriel
He was late – even on a horse
On lathered for Francesca couldn't drive.
It's all over. Now it's my turn
To take medicine from a damask steel
The open heart comes,
But bear treatment barely.
Stabs herself.
As well chest a hot nail...
What else is there flash? See...
I know one thing for certain: not true
The prophecy of the witches of our family.
Dying.

step 4, last

Witch (one).
Witch
The prophecy can't lie
Because it differently is not given to them:
They always point the way
Go to the end which you need.
And my mother and grandmother for their
Career but the truth was saying.
I a breed I know
And no kidding these things.
Will happen as specified:
Yours, Gabriele, far-distant great-great...
Age is not important and the name is still
Will be in the arms Habrahabr.
But Gabriel, the guy that just
Not an idiot, and even crazy perhaps.
You were dreaming at the time because of problems
That to the grave you drove.
And will your offspring anywhere:
High, without acne and anemia
Without harmful habits – Yes, Yes, Yes,
Excellent I will give him health.
Because, Gabriele, your son is here,
Waiting for hours its still in my womb,
Then the air is free will all.
His hour did not come, and your really broke...
Oh, my son! The descendants of our all –
Especially one who will step bravely
Ever under the sweet shade,
As predicted, Habra Habra Habra!
the Curtain.

Christopher Marlowe,
1591
Article based on information from habrahabr.ru

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

March Habrameeting in Kiev

PostgreSQL load testing using JMeter, Yandex.Tank and Overload

Monitoring PostgreSQL with Zabbix