Yes the die is cast ©

Welcome Gabriela.

I think many of you have read my articles on reverse Caesar (pow, pow, pow, one and about Android), I really like this game and the desire to run it on modern computers motivated me to study, and subsequently the programming of their implementation. And although now is the original Caesar gog.com and the problem of running on a modern PC was solved, I went a little further and made a port for linux, mac, haiku and android, plans to port to other platforms: so the little hobby grew into a full project.

But, of course, is not so simple, began to write the owners of the brand. My project was and will remain non-commercial and open source, but to run the right texture remake of the original game (ie, first you need to buy them), you still agree they do not want in any.
And now I'm standing at a crossroads — to spit on the years of hard work or risk to bring the idea to mind and maybe make something beautiful. And if the programming I do pull yourself, without design not sweet to live, enthusiasts of the brush and pencil is not found.
In the end, I plan to run a campaign on indiegogo in which I want to raise funds to create games in the spirit of Caesar, with new graphics, with the ability to connect the old campaigns from the original game. I would like to get the opinion of the community — whether to continue the case? Does it make sense to do this or to attend to more earthly things?




I realize that this radically changes the situation, it's one thing to openserctl away for free, and quite another to raise money.

And I would very much like to get a clear advice from the lawyer, whether at the start of the campaign to use screenshots from my game, but the graphics, which is used from the original Caesar. The money for the designer yet.

Thank you for your opinion and advice.
Article based on information from habrahabr.ru

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

March Habrameeting in Kiev

PostgreSQL load testing using JMeter, Yandex.Tank and Overload

Monitoring PostgreSQL with Zabbix